I made a decision yesterday to make a change. To start living the life I want to live. I’ve been kind of lightly dabbling in a life I foresaw wanting, but never really gave it a go. I picked today to be the day to start. And being a Friday just makes it so much better because who isn’t excited on Fridays? To inspire myself on this day, I re-read a couple of my favorite quotes from Oprah’s last show (the title of this post is one of them). I remember when I watched that episode I bawled my eyes out. I felt like she was talking to me, her words were begin sent through the television to my living room because she knew I needed to hear them. In a way she gave me hope of a better future. Oh Oprah, how I love you so…
“There’s a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing that you are worthy of being happy. Your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough.”
I thank you Oprah for your words. They are what I need to move forward in a positive and happy direction.
I also decided to change my layout around. Ive been fiddling around with this, I don’t really like the image above, but it will get changed shortly. As you all probably noticed, I changed the title of my blog from “Who Gives a Hoot?” to By Amanda Leigh. I think that makes more sense here and now. I want this blog to be about things “by” me, so no other title seems more appropriate. Also, expect a few more changes as the weekend unfolds.
Moving along… I have been following the WordPress blog “Bucket List Publications” since I started here a few months ago. I love to see things other people have done, their adventures and their experiences. That being said, I’ve decided to post a few of the things I’d like to put on my own personal bucket list. Some things are extravagant, some things are not, and some things feed into my inner (and not so inner) geek.
- Visit ever capitol city in Canada. Not including Ottawa (which really is the Nation’s capitol) I’ve been to 2 out of 13.
- Attend ComicCon in San Diego. I also wish to dress up as Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII because she is my utmost favorite video game character ever in life.
- Meet the following people: Prime Minister of Canada, John Grisham (I would say Michael Crichton as he is my favorite author, but alas, I am too late), Donnie Walhberg (don’t laugh people,this man has the “right stuff”) and some of my fellow bloggers whom I follow (I love them all)
- Have dinner in a restaurant where there are no prices on the menu, and not care the cost at the end.
- Learn to surf
- Be able to extend my family tree out five generations, knowing birth and death dates, places and all family members.
- Learn Italian fluently
- Attend a prestigious writing conference, published or not.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Ride an elephant
- Write a book
- Publish a book
- Get an ARC of any book
- See the Delorian in person (had my chance, missed it, want to try again!)
- See the Great Barrier Reef
- Hold a penguin
- Be on the show “Attack of the Show”, not attend in the audience, but be ON it for whatever reason.
- Be in the front row at a Bon Jovi concert.
- Learn to do a handstand. Without screaming.
I think that’s a pretty darn good list for me. It’s time to start living folks! Time for “Possible Outlook Thinking“!!!
Lastly, I just wanted to extent a gracious thanks to all the people who follow my blog and who have been coming around to visit and see what I’ve been doing here on my blog. I recently hit over 1000 views and I nearly fell off my chair. Three months in to this blog and 1K of hits. You guys are amazing and I appreciate each and every one of you! You make my heart feel super happy…
Happy Friday everyone!